DirectAdmin contains built-in spam filters allowing you to block certain incoming mail by e-mail, domain, stop word, or size.
- Log in to DirectAdmin.
- Navigate to the appropriate user account and select the domain from the drop-down menu at the top of the page.
- Under the E-mail Management menu select SPAM Filters.
- Under “Blocked By” select the criteria you wish to filter incoming mail by.
- In the “Value” field, enter the key word or phrase you wish to filter out.
Note: If blocking by word, the filter matches partial words. To block only a specific, whole word, type a space before and after the word, such as ” spam ” (note the spaces).
- To choose how blocked mail is handled, you can select either “Drop Email” to have it deleted or “Send to spambox” to receive it in your spam folder.
- Click “Save”.
See our guide on SpamAssassin for even more control over spam mail.