This article explains how to change the password for an FTP account.
Note: The user account’s main FTP login is the same as the DirectAdmin login (same username and password). If you do not have the password for this main account, see our guide for resetting your DirectAdmin password .
- Login to DirectAdmin and navigate to the appropriate user account.
- Under the Account Management menu select FTP Management.
- Click on the username for the account you wish to modify. If you do not see the FTP account listed, make sure you have the correct domain selected at the top of the page.
- Enter a new password in the “Enter Password” field.
- Click “Modify” to change the password.