Resetting a Forgotten Password
- Navigate to your DirectAdmin login page.
- Click on the “Forgot Password? Click Here” link.
- Enter your DirectAdmin username and click “Send Me A Link”. A reset link will be sent to the email address associated with that user account shortly.
- Once you’ve received the email, read it carefully. It will contain three links – click on the second link, which will lead you to the password reset page.
- On the password reset page, leave the username and confirmation code as they are and click “Request New Password”. You will receive another email with the new password.
- Copy the password from the email and use it to log in to DirectAdmin.
- Now that you have signed in, follow the steps below to change your password using the password that was emailed to you as the current one.
Note: If you believe an incorrect email address is associated with the user account, please email our support desk and we will assist you.
Changing Your DirectAdmin Password If You Know the Current Password
- Log into DirectAdmin with your username and current password.
- Click on your name in the upper right-hand corner and select “Password” from the drop-down list.
- In the “Current DirectAdmin Password” box, enter your current password.
- In the next box enter a new password, or click the dice icon on the left to generate a random, secure password.
- Leave the three “Account” options checked; this will change each password so that you have the same username and password for DirectAdmin and FTP.
- Hit “Submit” to save the new password.