Softaculous Auto Installer lets you easily clone a WordPress installation. This can be used to test plugin updates or changes to your site before applying them to your main site.
This is useful if you want to make a development or staging website you’ve built live or wish to duplicate or move a website to a new domain.
Cloning a WordPress installation
- Login to DirectAdmin
- Navigate to Addons and Plugins > Softaculous Auto Installer
- Go to the installations page
- Choose installation which you want to clone
- The Clone page will appear with the current installation details and a form to fill in the details for the cloned installation.
- Fill in the clone installation details i.e., Choose domain, Directory, Database name, etc.
- Click on the “Clone Installation” button on the bottom of the page. The time taken may vary based on the size of your installation.