You can create FTP accounts to provide users with controlled access to files on your server. Use this guide to create these accounts in your DirectAdmin control panel.
Note: You can use your DirectAdmin username and password connect through FTP. These instructions are for creating additional accounts if needed.
- Login to DirectAdmin and navigate to the appropriate user account.
- Under the Account Management menu select FTP Management.
- Click “Create FTP Account”.
- Create a username and password for the account. Be sure to save your password somewhere secure. We recommend using a service like LastPass.
- Select the level of access you wish the account to have. You can select one of the provided options, or set a custom directory path.
- Click “Create”.
Note: Please allow 10-15 minutes after creating a new FTP account before using it, or you may receive a login error.